Our teeth are one of the essential parts of our body. Aside from the fact that it breaks down the food we eat to help our stomach digest it better, our teeth are one of the key ingredients to a glowing, infectious smile. However, not all of us are naturally born with healthy white teeth. That is why some choose braces, veneers, or fillings to fix their natural-born teeth. All of these are favorable, but not all of them would fit your liking. But if you are tired of yellowish unhealthy teeth, you have discovered teeth whitening in this blog.
What is teeth whitening?
Teeth whitening is the process of gradually whitening the teeth in different ways. Teeth whitening procedure is ideal for those who have yellow-toned teeth, unrestored teeth, and gums. Over the years, teeth whitening has been popular for good reasons. Aside from its efficiency and convenience, teeth whitening also boosts self-esteem, which helps people be the best version of themselves.
According to studies, white beaming teeth with a bright smile increase your perceived success, friendliness, and intelligence. Having a whiter and brighter smile also leaves a lasting impression on other people and makes you feel good about yourself.
Your teeth go through a lot every day since you also intake different kinds of food. But no matter how much you have stained your teeth due to red wine, tobacco, coffee, or simply just effects of time, your teeth still carry hope for a brighter and whiter one!
To help you digest more thoughts, here are seven things you need to know to have a healthier and brighter smile.
7 Things I Need to Know for a Healthy and Brighter Smile
- Prevent charcoal teeth whitening products.
- You might see charcoal toothpaste trending around the internet because people excite it with miraculous teeth whitening results. It did work for some, but studies show that it might bring long-term damage to your enamel and eventually erode your teeth. The American Dental Association also has no proven research studies that this method works. So better avoid it at all costs or risk on your own.
- Be mindful of the foods in your diet.
- All foods are good, especially when cooked right. But most of them may not be right for your oral hygiene. Dentists suggest reducing sugar intake, but certain foods work like toothbrushes that clean your teeth when you eat them. There are vegetables such as celery and cauliflowers that scrub your teeth as you chew and aid in producing saliva necessary to neutralize the acid. If you are a sweet tooth, you can avoid unhealthy teeth by eating strawberries and oranges that also help in polishing your teeth.
You can also avoid beverages such as red wine, tea, soft drinks, soft drinks, and coffee because these are the main culprits in growing stains on your teeth. These beverages get their color from chromogens (intensely pigmented molecules) which will stick to the enamel of your teeth.
- Quit smoking.
- Dentists also suggest that quitting smoking is essential in keeping one’s teeth white. Aside from other health complications, particularly lung problems, chewing or smoking tobacco may lead to a bunch of other issues like mouth and heart problems. Tooth discoloration is one of the side effects of excessive smoking.
- Do not be too hard on your teeth.
- Sometimes it feels like brushing our teeth too hard does something, but it actually brings no benefits. It just weakens your enamel and damages your gums. You can brush and floss your teeth twice a day, but avoid putting much pressure while doing so.
- Whitening toothpaste is not the answer.
- If brushing your teeth is disadvantageous, whitening toothpaste is its opposite, but still not the answer. Whitening toothpaste work on surface stains which are external discolorations found on the outer layer of the tooth. You can acquire these stains if you are fond of drinking coffee, soda, and red wine. Whitening toothpaste usually contains one to one and a half percent of hydrogen peroxide, which is not sufficient to whiten your teeth beneath the surface.
- Maintain good oral hygiene and trust ADA-accepted products.
- Of course, to have and maintain healthy white teeth, you need to practice excellent oral hygiene. According to sources, brushing your teeth twice a day, mouthwash to prevent bacteria that causes plaque, and flossing to remove the plaque are components of good oral hygiene. Furthermore, brushing your teeth immediately after eating will help you avoid stain build-ups. You can also practice using whitening toothpaste as only an aid to help your teeth acquire more brightness.
Aside from this, you can also buy over-the-counter whitening products that can help you maintain white teeth, but make sure it has a seal of acceptance from the American Dental Association (ADA). Otherwise, it is dangerous to use and harmful to your enamel. However, still, consult your dentist before trying any teeth whitening products
- Consult your dentist regularly.
- When you are unsure what to do anymore, and your stains get more stubborn, visiting a dentist would be the perfect solution. Sources recommend that you visit your dentist once a year or every six months if you have the means to do so. In this way, you can get efficient and legitimate tips that can help you improve your oral hygiene. Start asking your dentist if you still have not started an oral hygiene routine or are oblivious about it.
Where can I get teeth whitening treatment?
Since teeth whitening is continuously becoming popular, several clinics offer services. However, not all of them are trustworthy. But in Bella Vida Laser Aesthetics, they sure know what they are doing. The clinic provides a beaming white teeth whitening system that combines whitening gels with FuturaTM 2400 blue LED light. This process is the most advanced, effective, and fastest teeth whitening system!
You do not have to endure yellowish teeth anymore and be insecure because teeth whitening treatment got you. Get in touch today if you are ready to show the world you are awaiting bright and healthy teeth because a clinic is waiting for you!